viernes, 20 de abril de 2018

Post 2 >> Why did you choose this career/study programme?

Write about:

- your dream jobs when you were a child
- other career options that you had at the moment of applying to university
- what made you decide in the end
- your experience at university until now
- the kind of job you would like to have

 > word count: 120 words
 > don't forget to leave comments on 3 of your classmates posts.

I can't really remember if I had a dream job as a child ... I think I never really thought about professions until I was forced to it. However, after finishing high school I had some options like kinesiology or occupational therapy because I wanted to help people but then I realized that I can't deal with injuries so it was not my area at all. I'm not really good at maths either so I guess my options were always closer to the humanistic area.
One thing that helped me decide to become an english teacher is the fact that with English I had different job possibilities like working at schools, institutes, higher education, tourism, as english tutor, etc. Moreover I enjoyed teaching so I think I made the right choice. 
Before getting to Universidad de Chile I worked in other places like schools and english institutes but I didn't like all the bureaucracy of these institutions. At this moment I feel comfortable working with university students because they are responsible at this age and I like to meet people from the different faculties. 
I don't know for how long I'll be working here, or if I'll continue as a teacher for many years but there's one thing I know... at the age of fifty I'd like to move to the south of chile and work there in something different, I don't know... maybe something related with tourism. Well, this is for now maybe I'll change my mind in the future, you never know that's around the corner.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Post 10 >> Free Themed topic "Travel"

Dear all, In this last post you'll write about one of the topics you chose, that is about Travel. Include: - How often do you travel ...